Although the extent of coronavirus expansion is unknown at this time, we do know that there are a growing number of confirmed cases in North America. As the coronavirus can be especially strong against our customers, we are taking this situation very seriously.
Working in the stairlift industry, nothing is more important to us than your safety. Given the current global and local reach of the coronavirus, we’d like to take a minute to share what we are doing to combat the spread of this disease and minimize its impact on Stannah’s community of shoppers, customers and employees. We are aware of the vulnerabilities of the communities we serve and therefore are implementing precautionary measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our employees and customers.
Stannah Stairlifts is monitoring the spread of COVID-19 continually and all our staff have been advised to follow CDC recommendations on hygiene to prevent the spread of this virus. If anyone shows symptoms, they will be asked to stay home for the recommended amount of self-quarantine time.
Stairlift Sales Appointments
For the safety and convenience of our customers, we are now offering virtual and phone appointments, in addition to traditional in-home appointments. These are a great way to get all the information you need to purchase a stairlift, without having to interact directly. To schedule any type of appointment, simply call our office and we’ll be happy to guide you through whichever appointment process best suits you.
Our installers and service technicians have been trained to follow CDC guidelines on social distancing and cleanliness. They’re washing their hands regularly (always before and after entering a customer’s home) and wiping down high-touch surfaces in their work vehicles. We’re also asking customers to stay in another room, while the installation or service is taking place. After work is complete, we wipe down your stairlift with disinfectant wipes and either demonstrate how to use your stairlift at a safe distance or schedule a remote demonstration at a later time.
General COVID-19 Guidelines for Stannah Employees
For those meeting with us in person, this additional guidance has been prescribed for all Stannah North America employees and premises:
- Eliminate physical contact in the office and with customers. This includes shaking hands, high fives, hugs, etc.
- Institute cleaning of high touch areas in each office, (at least) twice daily: once after start of business and once after lunch, using cleaning products such as disinfecting wipes and/or sprays.
- Meetings in offices are permitted, but do not enter into another employee’s desk or cubical area
- For employees interacting with customers:
- We are using hand sanitizer frequently and carrying it with us at all times.
- We are asking to wash our hands as we enter and leave our customers’ homes.
- We are also using disinfecting wipes frequently, before and after each visit in a home, especially on high touch items. This includes, but isn’t limited to:
- Vehicle touch points (handles, steering wheel, radio dials, etc)
We are taking this seriously, but also calmly. We are being vigilant in our efforts to combat the spread of coronavirus and doing all that we can to protect our customers through these recommended measures.